wipe the drool off your face, read this recipe, and make these lickety split! You will need:
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour (no, this isn't a typo, trust me on this one, I've done the leg work!)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain organic kefir (or yogurt)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line or grease your muffin tins
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, kefir, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk well to combine until no lumps remain and batter is thick.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups, and sprinkle a few crushed pecans on top of each muffin.
- Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, until top and edges begin to turn a light golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack and please, try to restrain yourself for 5 minutes before devouring (again, trust me, I did the leg work)
go ahead. treat yourself.